Dedicated to the study of healthy and altered mineral porous materials, the laboratory is equipped with specific equipment which makes it possible to obtain hydrodynamic parameters and parameters concerning the microstructure of stones and mortars in relationship with their porous environment.
- Analysis of the porous network on petrographic thin sections
- Measure of porosity and density
- Ultrasonic examination
- Water transfer properties through capillarity and evaporation
- Water vapour permeability coefficient measurement
- Water absorption isotherm hygroscopic water content measurements
- Dilamometry monitoring (hydric and thermal)
The petrophysical characterisation constitutes a decision-making tool to assist in the areas of material compatibility and the durability of performance of conservation-restoration treatments (cleaning, consolidation, protection).